In 2003, 9% of local police officers nationwide were Latino, with the highest representation (19%) among departments serving a population of 1 million or more.
ALASS: Participating Institutions
ALASS began with a Latino Student Success (LSS) project series engaged campus teams at twelve institutions representing three states with different policies governing colleges in their higher education system. The goal of the series was to examine institutional data and practices that address Latino student success. Each institution has a unique history, distinctive service areas, and diverse institutional practices that enriched the project.
Since the LSS project series, ALASS has expanded to include four Texas border institutions.
- California State University - Dominguez Hills
- California State University - Los Angeles
- East Los Angeles College
- El Camino College
- City University of New York - Borough of Manhattan Community College
- City University of New York - LaGuardia Community College
- City University of New York - Lehman College
- City University of New York - New York City College of Technology
- El Paso Community College
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- The University of Texas at Pan American
- South Texas College
- Texas A&M International University
- Laredo Community College
- University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College
Jun 14, 2013VOXXI
Jun 6, 2013VOXXI
Jun 4, 2013NBC Latino
Hickman, M. 2006. Local Police Departments, 2003. Bureau of Justice Statistics, Bulletin. May 2006, NJC 210118