Examples of Excelencia 2012
Excelencia in Education announced the 2012 Examples of Excelencia on October 2, 2012.
The 2012 Examples of Excelencia are:
Associate Level - DirectConnect at Valencia College (FL)
Baccalaureate Level - School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering at California State University, Bakersfield (CA)
Graduate Level - Master of Business Administration Program at The University of Texas at El Paso (TX)
To find out more about these programs and many more that were recognized, read the 2012 What Works for Latino Students in Higher Education or visit the Growing What Works Database.
To learn more about the Examples of Excelencia initiative visit the overview.
Deborah A. Santiago, Vice President for Policy and Research, leads the assessment of the applications and narrows the field for consideration by a selection committee composed of national experts.
Selection Committee Members included the following:
- Susan Albertine, Vice President, Office of Engagement, Inclusion & Success, Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Nathan Bell, Director of Research & Policy Analysis, Council of Graduate Schools
- Julie Bell, Program Director, National Conference on State Legislatures
- Antonia Franco, Vice President/Program Director on Transition Years, Helios Education Foundation
- Adriana Flores-Ragade, Director of Diversity Initiatives, The College Board
- Jeannine LaPrad, President and CEO, Corporation for a Skilled Workforce
- Estela Lopez, Senior Program Associate, Excelencia in Education
- Stella Perez, Vice President, Operations & Technology Programs, League for Innovation in the Community College
- Joel Vargas, High School through College, Jobs for the Future
Programs & Initiatives
- Ensuring America's Future (EAF)
- Examples of Excelencia
- Growing What Works Database
- Growing What Works
- ALASS: Accelerating Latino Student Success