Examples of ¡Excelencia! 2009
Excelencia in Education announced the 2009 Examples of Excelencia on September 30, 2009.
The 2009 Examples of Excelencia are:
Associate Level - Puente Project at the University of California
Baccalaureate Level - Science Educational Enhancement Services (SEES) at California State Polytechnic University
Graduate Level - Center for Behavioral and Community Health Studies (BACH) at San Diego State University
To find out more about these programs and many more that were recognized, read the 2009 What Works for Latino Students in Higher Education or visit the Growing What Works Database.
To learn more about the Examples of Excelencia initiative visit the overview.
Deborah A. Santiago, Vice President for Policy and Research, leads the assessment of the applications and narrows the field for consideration by a selection committee composed of national experts.
Selection Committee Members included the following:
- Estela Lopez, Senior Program Advisor, Excelencia in Education
- Margarita Benitez, Director of Higher Education and Senior Associate, Education Trust and Excelencia in Education
- Nevin Brown, Director, Postsecondary Initiatives, Achieve
- Sarita Brown, President, Excelencia in Education
- Adriana Flores-Ragade, Director of Diversity Initiatives, The College Board
- Mark Lopez, Associate Director, Pew Hispanic Center
- Stella Perez, Vice President, Operations & Technology Programs, League for Innovation in the Community College
- Bruce Vandal, Director, Postsecondary Education & Workforce Development Institute, Education Commission of the States
- Arturo Vargas, Executive Director, National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO)
|2009 Examples of Excelencia Press Release.doc||32.5 KB|
Programs & Initiatives
- Ensuring America's Future (EAF)
- Examples of Excelencia
- Growing What Works Database
- Growing What Works
- ALASS: Accelerating Latino Student Success