Examples of ¡Excelencia! 2010
Excelencia in Education announced the 2010 Examples of Excelencia on September 29, 2010.
The 2010 Examples of Excelencia are:
Associate Level - Carreras en Salud (Careers in Health) at Wilbur Wright College, Humboldt Park Vocational Education Center
Baccalaureate Level - College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) at California State University, San Marcos
Graduate Level - Hispanic Theological Initiative at Princeton Theological Seminary
To find out more about these programs and many more that were recognized, read the 2010 What Works for Latino Students in Higher Education or visit the Growing What Works Database.
To learn more about the Examples of Excelencia initiative visit the overview.
Deborah A. Santiago, Vice President for Policy and Research, leads the assessment of the applications and narrows the field for consideration by a selection committee composed of national experts.
Selection Committee Members included the following:
- Estela Lopez, Senior Program Advisor, Excelencia in Education and Selection Committee Chair
- Nathan Bell, Director of Research, Council of Graduate Schools
- Adriana Flores-Ragade, Director of Diversity Initiatives, The College Board
- Mark Lopez, Associate Director, Pew Hispanic Center
- Stella A. Perez, Vice President, Operations & Technology Programs, League for Innovation in the Community College
- Bruce Vandal, Director, Postsecondary Education & Workforce Development Institute, Education Commission of the States
- Arturo Vargas, Executive Director, National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO)
Programs & Initiatives
- Ensuring America's Future (EAF)
- Examples of Excelencia
- Growing What Works Database
- Growing What Works
- ALASS: Accelerating Latino Student Success